Playing Tennis helps us to keep fit, builds our self-esteem, makes us confident, optimistic, improves the link between our nerves and brains, improves flexibility, helps us to burn calories, and makes us disciplined. It helps us to learn to work as a team, solve problems, teach us how to anticipate, help us to improve socially and psychologically.
Basic rules and regulations on how to play Tennis
The rules and regulations of playing Tennis are stated below.
- Rule one: Is spinning a coin or a racquet to select the side of the court and the service. The team who wins the toss gets the chance to choose the side first and decide on who would serve first.
- Rule two: Every match consists of sets. Both the players have to win either 2 sets out of 3 or 3 sets out of 4 to be victorious. And if there is a tie, then tie breaker decides who wins the game.
- Rule three: When the match begins, both the players start with love i.e. 0 points. When either of them wins the first point, the score is called 15, the next score is called 30, and the last one is called 40. After a player scores 40, he/ she have to score another point to win that particular set. But in case both the players are at deduce i.e. 40, then they have to continue playing until either of them scores two points more than his/her opponent.
- Rule four: At the end of each set, the players change their sides. The player on the right side of the court has to serve from the left hand side. And the player on the left hand side of the court moves to the right hand side and serve from there.
- Rule five: Both the teams on the court serve alternate games. And the one serving the ball first has to start from the right hand corner of his/her court and both the feet has to be behind the white baseline. Unable to serve the ball correctly, the player gets a second chance. Failing of two attempts results in losing a point.
How to play a game of Tennis?
If you know the above stated rules and regulations, playing tennis becomes simple. The main motive the players have when they play this game is score as many points as possible and win the sets. The player who is decided winner at the end of the game should win by at least 4 points.
Once the players or the teams have decided on the sides they chose they serves the first set. The scorer gives them the ball and the game begins. The first server can make two faults in terms to striking the ball and delivering it to the opponent’s side, failing of two attempts results in returning the service to the opponent team or player and also result is loss of point. Once the striker has passed on the ball to his/her opponent’s court diagonally, the scoring begins. The player who drops the ball looses the advantage. In such a case, his/her opponent player gets a love. In this way the rally continues until either of them gets a game point that is 40.
After the end of the first set, other set continues and after end of 3 sets, the scores are viewed and the player who wins 2 is decided winner. But in case the 3 sets do not decide on who the winner is two more sets are played.